There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Many people suffer from emotional disturbance that are actually soul wounds, crying out for healing. People may adopt some haphazard means to decrease their emotional pain without identifying the real core of their emotional problem; their wounded souls.
Our minds and emotions are connected with our souls. And dealing with emotional disturbance means your soul is dealing with loss. The lack of several hopes and desires makes our soul wounds more strong. But we can we understand how these soul wounds emerge within our soul?
In this way, everyone needs to understand what types of damages and wounds our souls can deal with. To understand, we have given the kinds of soul wounds and their causes that will help us heal our soul wounds at any stage.
Types of Soul Wounds
The soul is immortal, and we all know that our soul aims to evaluate the natural way to experience the feelings, regrets, fears, and causes of being wounded by life. Our soul is integral to our being and discovering its damage is essential to healing your soul.
To understand the real pain of life, you must realize what life wants from you and how you would standardize its regulation. We must accept the actual wounds of our spirit and seek to learn this without an egoistic mind approach.
Therefore, here we need to discuss life’s journey with a few types of soul wounds to heal yourself if you are feeling out of place.
Let’s take a deeper look at the types of soul wounds.
Many people are suffering from childhood mental trauma, due to parental problems or harsh life experiences. More specifically, from the age of four and six, they are agonizing over such problems.
This can manifest in a feeling of injustice. People feel anger at things they are powerless to control. This sense of injustice causes pain in your soul because you cannot fix the problems that cause your injustice.
Injustice Manifests Soul Wounds as:
- Feeling tired of life
- Hopelessness in the face of the injustice in the world
- A desire to be a perfectionist.
- Feeling hatred and anger.
- Ignorance of your injustice behavior towards others.
- Feelings that life is too difficult.
- Impulsive behavior
- Critical of yourself
- Prioritized expertise over feelings.
The soul wound of humiliation often happens in children aged one through three, but people can get soul wounds from humiliation later in life if the humiliation is intense enough.
Humiliation soul wounds are manifested by:
- Always being available for people you care about. Even if it hurts you.
- Keeping negative words and thoughts to yourself
- Unwillingness to accept your sensuality
- Over sacrificing for others despite realizing your own basic needs
- Being careless
- Feeling unworthy
- Having a great talent to make people smile but often embarrassing yourself.
This term starts at the age of one and third years of human life. In this relationship, a child feels an emotional lack of support from the parent of the opposite sex, and he suffers from a lack of interest and caring from their loved ones.
- They feel difficulties being independent & afraid of loneliness.
- We are dealing with sadness without knowing the reason behind it.
- They are cracking from inside and shedding tears for a long time.
- Feeling like a victim and being full of self-pity.
- Connecting himself with others’ emotions and suffering to seek attention.
- Self-centered attitude
- Weak decision-making ability
- Not good at taking advice.
- Mood swings.
- Feel hard to break a relationship
- It causes anxiety and disappointment.
There is also a loss of trust due to unfulfilled promises or outright lies from parents.
These negative actions create soul wounds in a child that will last their entire lives. THese types of soul wounds may present as the following:
- Demanding others to do things according to your will.
- Not connected with your vulnerability.
- Always show off your strength to others
- Constant desire to be progressive
- Aspiring for appreciation, acknowledgment, and respect needs to be specially treated.
- Feel the need to be presented as a VIP to enhance your reputation.
- Often lie but never be tolerant of others’ lies.
- Highly demanding in their expectation of others.
- Cold behavior, manipulation, and gaslighting.
- Good at planning, but a lack flexibility to unforeseen circumstances
- Having trust issues with the opposite sex
- Feeling difficulty exploring and confiding with other people
- Fast in giving conclusions
- Always ready to justify their arguments and actions
- Highly emotional decision-maker to break a relationship and cut off connections.
- Extremely impatient.
This type of soul wound creates from the age of conception when a child starts feeling sentiments and reactions. In this state, a child feels rejected by his parents of the same or opposite sex.
- Not satisfied with his existence
- Analyzing yourself as an aimless personality
- Less self-respect
- Thinking about yourself as a family freak
- Defensive of rejection.
- Depression & stress
- Not to be attentive to material matters.
- Hiding feelings by escaping into alcohol, drugs
- High standards
- Withdrawal state of mind, constant loneliness.
- Always seems busy anchoring in the material world
- Try to perfectionist all time.
- All-time feeling panic in different situations.
6. Emotional Torture
It is mental abuse and emotional wounds on your soul. You can heal physical injuries, but soul wounds can have a diverse effect on a human’s mental and psychological conditions. Sometimes, it makes you a different one.
A person suffering from an emotionally destructive and torturing situation has a gradually falling heart and weakening thoughts. This process can be started from past childhood or adulthood experiences, making your soul numbed with the imminent possibilities to revolt against those who were behind that.
Additionally, emotional abuse is a toxic element of your life that can destroy your identity. Usually, the victim of emotional torture confines his mental disabilities and insecurities, which can cause to let him weaken day by day and lower his self-esteem gradually.
More often, it happens with a person’s consistent dominating behavior towards another one who feels contempt, ignorance, and criticism in a relationship. In the end, this can make that person helpless and a mental prison of his mind.
Constant discouragement is something hindering you away from your desired destination.
This soul wound causes anxiety, insecurity, and inferiority complex in people. They always pretend to show off their success and achievements. And demand highly appreciative and special treatment from others.
Apart from that, people who have disappointment, guilt, regrets, and other failure-related harsh experiences in their life, like to stay dissociated and lonely. Less participation in regular activities and consider themselves worthless and imperfect to fit among highly successful people around them.
Signs of a Tormented Soul
Many people suffering from soul loss live meaningless lives without any direction, identity, aim, or authentic connection. More often, when you feel disconnected, unhappy, and distracted, this causes soul loss, which blinds us to see the wholeness of life and understand its real meaning. Therefore, you need to find the signs of a tormented/wounded soul to bring your satisfaction & happiness back to heal your soul.
- One of the prominent signs of a wounded soul is feeling disconnected or unconcerned with the people you love.
- You see more towards the negative side of the story, as you are damaged from the inside, and you think every side of the box negatively.
- A wounded soul is hopeless and can get easily addicted to alcohol and/or smoking.
- If you have a wounded soul, you might have less passion and get easily discouraged from making new efforts for yourself. You may also rely on others emotionally as well as financially.
- Lack of control can be your emotional activity if you are suffering from soul loss.
- High fears are the prominent sign of a broken soul. People feel fear of everything, even of those matters which are not in their control.
- People with wounded souls are less likely to have good relationships. They do not trust others due to their past sore experience.
- Being over judgmental on the matters of others, even for their self is a sign of a wounded soul person.
7 Wounded Soul Quotes
Followings are some of the most famous and considerable words writers have illustrated into quotes to make your feel realize the importance of your inner peace and happiness.
Forgiveness offers the possibility of two types of peace; peace of mind- the potential healing of old emotional wounds, and harmony with others- the case of new, more gratifying relationships in the future. -Kenneth Pargament.
When a person has adequate self-esteem, little slights offer no threats that are simply “passed over”. Even deeper emotional wounds are likely to heal faster and cleaner, with no festering score to poison life and spoil happiness. -Maxwell Maltz.
Hearts live by being wounded. -Oscar Wilde.
Stop treating your pain like it’s something you imagined. If you see the wound is real, then you can heal it. -Leigh Bardugo.
A timed mind is apt to mistake every scratch for a mortal wound. -George Gordon Byron.
I am the wound and the blade, the torturer and the flayed. -Charles Baudelaire.
I forgot him like the skin that healed the wound but kept the scars. -I.B Vyache.
A Final Word on the Types of Soul Wounds
You may wonder whether every kind of healing takes time, whether physical, emotional, or spiritual. You always want to get relief from it. People make mistakes in identifying their real wounds. They got attached to emotions that are nothing but a waste of time for them. Here they start compromising the peace of their soul.
To cope with all kinds of soul wounds, you must learn to forgive the cause of the damage. Learn to work on your happiness, and make impossible things possible for yourself that help you in healing your wounds. Remember that your spirit needs purity of emotions to keep your mind and body that way to have spiritual satisfaction.
Trending Articles on The Life Virtue: