Do you get sleepy while studying? How to Avoid Sleep While Studying? These are the questions every student is looking for. We can’t solve a problem without knowing the cause. Why does it happen? There can be many reasons for feeling sleepy, but our focus on this short article is on how to avoid feeling sleepy and restless while studying.
In this article, we will cover all the approximate aspects that keep you awake and fresh during your study sessions. After reading this You’ll be able to know how to avoid sleep while studying.
You may also read:
- Intrapersonal Skills – Ultimate Guide
- Emphatic Listening Skills – Updated 2020
- Positivity Is A Choice – 5 Authentic Steps To Acquire Positivity
What Will I Learn?
- 1 Top 10 Tips to Help You on How to Avoid Sleep While Studying
- 2 FAQ – Frequently Asked Question about How to Avoid Sleep While Studying
Top 10 Tips to Help You on How to Avoid Sleep While Studying
Here, I will discuss the Top 10 tips that help you to avoid sleep while studying. We will go through with each cause of sleep to get a better result.
- Keep your back straight: It is very important to sit properly while doing work or study. Use a table and chair. The chair should not be very comfortable that makes you feel sleepy and table in front.
Sit in a position that straightens your back and keeps yourself away from your bed!|
- Take your meal Early: Eating too much or too early before going to bed will be the reason for your sleep and lethargic behavior. Also, we know that eating too much is not good for our physical health as well as mental. Anonymous saying: “Food for living not to live for Food”.
- Brighten up Your Room: Sleep is not associated with night but with light. Sometimes We feel drowsy during a day, it is because of dim light. In this case, you must use white light to illuminate your room or it’s better to study in sunlight. At night don’t use a flash torch, mobile torchlight, or table lamp while studying. Rather than this turn on your rooms’ light.
- Entertain yourself by doing Exercise: If you get stressed or start pain in any body part, take books or the laptop aside and do some exercise. It will refresh your mind and mood. It gives a quick break and boosts up your energy.
- Keep a Water Bottle: Water will hydrate your body. Place a water bottle on your side drinking 2 to 3 sips of water during studying will improve productivity.
- Be Honest and Focus: Don’t lie to yourself. If you do this, you will not be focused, and in results, you will only get restlessness instead of good grades. To check this honesty, perform an Activity.
Activity: Stand in front of the mirror and ask yourself: Are you mentally prepare for a study? Have you enough sleep? Ask these questions 3 times, If the answer is Yes! Then nothing will distract you. But if the answer is NO! then don’t force yourself it’s against nature. Sleep is a biological aspect of our life. Don’t fight against nature it will destroy both mental and physical health.
- Take a Quick shower before You Start: Fully fresh yourself with a quick shower. It will help you to get rid of your sleep while studying. But if you don’t want to take a shower then only wash your feet and let them wet. It will help you a lot.
- Record and Repeat: It’s the best thing you can do to learn your lesson fast and avoid sleep while studying. You merely need to record your voice whatever you are learning and play it aloud, repeat your own words after the recording. This way you are learning, understanding, revising, and listening at the same time.
- Take a break: During your study session, you must take a power nap. A normal Human being can’t work properly without a break. A short break will increase your efficiency and makes you an effective learner. Make sure to let the break be short, if you prolong the timing of your break, it will negatively affect your mind and focus.
- Set Milestones: Set a specific goal to target your main aim. Simply Cut down your long syllabus into parts and set a time limit to cover each session. This will help you make quick wins and let your mind know that you are making progress.
Experts’ Advice on How to Avoid Sleep While Studying
Listening to the experts is always beneficial. A successful person took an idea from the previous event that will not waste their time and energy to find a new one. Try to Do these practices to get a better result of your issues on how to avoid sleep while studying.
- Eat an Apple just before you start to study. It will boost your brain and keep your mind and body healthy.
- Avoid Yellow lighting. It makes you feel sleepy.
- Having Coffee or tea will make your brain active but don’t take more than one cup.
- Do Dance or walk around your room.
- Talk to Your self and motivate yourself.
- If you have long hairs, tighten them up.
Now a list of acts that Don’t do
- Don’t study a difficult subject at night
- Stay away from snoring, don’t study in a room where anyone is sleeping
- Don’t eat dairy product especially milk
- Avoid table fan that can be a reason for sleep
Inspiration from Geniuses
Do you ever think about how Albert Einstein avoid sleep while studying? Or Thomas Edison avoids sleep?
Charles Dickens, an English writer whose fictional characters are known as worlds’ best, was a big insomniac and he always has a compass that points out north and his bed was also positioned facing north. This thing made his mind active. Some said: “North is a sign of continuity or path that never ends.”
Albert Einstein punctually slept for 10 hours. Isn’t it strange to you? Yes!? He used to hold a ball in his hand while he is concentrating. So, when a ball falls, he picked it up and that practice drifts him off to sleep along with his new ideas or logic.
Thomas’ workmates told that he worked continuously without sleep because when he sleeps as sound as a bug in a barrel of morphine.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Question about How to Avoid Sleep While Studying
Is it okay to study at night?
For students who have more vitality later in the day, night or evening can be an increasingly successful time to consider. With fewer interruptions and harmony and calm, learning around evening time can help improve an understudy’s fixation and core interest.
How can I focus on studying?
Set examination objectives. First of all; start with the important topics and set your examination objectives. Make an examination timetable. When you comprehend what you need, the subsequent stage is to set up a week after week study timetable.
How can I study hard for exams?
Arrange your examination space. Use stream graphs and diagrams. Practice on old tests. Disclose your responses to other people.
Why do I forget what I study?
The most widely recognized motivation behind why understudies overlook is on the grounds that the material is scholarly. To recollect something, it should initially be realized, that is, put away in long-haul memory. In the event that you don’t do what is important to get data into your drawn-out memory, you have under scholarly the material, and overlooking is typical.
NOW you know how to avoid sleep while studying. And Yes! It’s not that easy but on the other hand, it’s not impossible. Above mentioned tips and experts’ suggestions will help you out.
Still, don’t let your health for granted, sleep well like Thomas Edison.