There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Your identity helps define who you are as a person. In our hectic modern world it is easy to lose track of your true self. In this article we cover some inspiring identity quotes to help you rediscover your true self.
Finding your true identity matters because it helps us find our relationship with ourselves and it is the determining part of the relationship with everything and everyone in our lives.
In life we often wear masks, being slightly different versions of ourselves to different people. This is normal. But sometimes these masks become too much and we lose sight of who we really are as people. Since our identity becomes our way of being. That is where these identity quotes come into play. They can inspire you to rediscover your true self.
60 Life-Changing and Inspiring Identity Quotes
Our identity is the most important thing we have. It makes us who we are. But sometimes we can lose our way. We an have an identity crisis or simply forget important parts of our personality, straying from important parts of our character. The inspiring identity quotes on this page are designed to help us rediscover the truest version of ourselves.
20 Major Inspiring Identity Quotes
Here are some of the inspiring identity quotes that give us the motivation to succeed.
1. “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”- Dr. Seuss
2. “There is no gender identity behind the expressions of gender. Identity is performatively constituted by the very ‘expressions’ that are said to be its results.” – Judith Butler
3. “Unless we base our sense of identity upon the truth of who we are, it is impossible to attain true happiness.” – Brenda Shoshanna
4. “Identity is a prison you can never escape, but the way to redeem your past is not to run from it, but to try to understand it, and use it as a foundation to grow.” – Jay Z
5. “Own your identity. Love who you are in the world. Love your deafness.” –Nyle DiMarco
6. “A dreamer is one who can find his way only by moonlight and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.”- Oscar Wilde
7. “Unlike a drop of water which loses its identity when it joins the ocean, man does not lose his being in the society in which he lives. Man’s life is independent. He is born not for the development of the society alone, but for the development of his self.”- B. R. Ambedkar
8. “If I ever found a place where I belonged, that in itself would be an identity crisis to me.” – Mitski
9. “I always had long hair. When you lose it, you realize just how important it is to your identity.”- Delta Goodrem
10. “I don’t cover my face because I want to show my identity.”-Malala Yousafzai
11. “An identity would seem to be arrived at by the way in which the person faces and uses his experience.” – James Baldwin
12. “Identity cannot be found or fabricated but emerges from within when one has the courage to let go.” – Doug Cooper
13. “Absolute identity with one’s cause is the first and great condition of successful leadership.” – Woodrow Wilson
14. “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”-Oscar Wilde
15. “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”-George RR Martin
16. “So, I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we’ll never know most of them. But even if we don’t have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.”- Steven Chbosky
17. “Don’t let your struggle become your identity. Overcome it fast.” – Ralston Bowles
18. “The value of identity, of course, is so often with it comes to purpose.” – Richard Grant
19. “Our identity has already been chosen for us’ but it is up to us to accept it, or fight and change it.” – Afnan Ahmad Mia
20. “A wife should no more take her husband’s name than he should hers. ‘My Name, My Identity’: Educators Promote Cultural Awareness in Campaign, and must not be lost.”Lucy Stone
20 Powerful Identity Quotes:
Here are some Identity Quotes, filled with power, and help us to realize our strengths:
21. “Discovering my own identity doesn’t mean that I work it out in isolation but that I negotiate it through dialogue, partly overt, partly internal, with others.” – Charles Taylor
22. “Perhaps it’s impossible to wear an identity without becoming what you pretend to be.” – Orson Scott Card
23. “Your personal boundaries protect the inner core of your identity and your right to choices.” – Gerard Manley Hopkins
24. “When you start living for someone, you lose your identity.” – Amit Jupi
25. “A group needs enemies, because, without enemies, its identity cannot continue to be defined.”Eckhart Tolle
26. “In the social jungle of human existence, there is no feeling of being alive without a sense of identity.” – Erik Erikson Identity Quotes
27. “Culture is my identity and personality. It gives me spiritual, intellectual, and emotional distinction from others, and I am proud of it.” – M.F. Moonzajer
28. “The system of domination is founded on depriving nations of their true identity. It seeks to deprive nations of their culture, identity, self-confidence, and in this way, dominate them.” – Mahmoud Ahmedinejad
29. “Every piece has its own identity which we develop by the rule ‘We know no limits’. We follow the inspiration of the moment, and don’t worry if what we’re playing is alternative, progressive, or fusion rock.” – Page Mcconnell
30. “My identity might begin with the fact of my race, but it didn’t, couldn’t end there. At least that’s what I could choose to believe.”Barack Obama
31. “Our true identity is to 5 Ways to Overcome Your Fear of Love. Our higher potential finds us when we set our course in that direction. The power of love and compassion transforms insecurity.” – Doc Childre
32. “From a young age, I was rubbing elbows with a very different kind of person and social class, and I felt a lot of tension and conflict in my identity because of that.” – David Lindsay-Abaire
33. “Identity was partly heritage, partly upbringing, but mostly the choices you make in life” – Patricia Briggs
34. “If you really have your own identity, you’ll keep on doing what you think is really right for you, and you’ll also understand the next step you want to take.” – Helmut Lang
35. “I know what my identity is.” –Travis Scott
36. “To be idle requires a strong sense of personal identity.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
37. “I happen to be black and a woman and unapologetically proud to be both, but that is not the totality of my identity.” – Ayanna Pressley
38. “Even though I was very shy, I found I could get on stage if I had a new identity.” – David Bowie
39. “I think there is a danger with young people of being dependent in the sense that they don’t acquire any identity or self-image of themselves as thinkers.” – Edward de Bono
40. “We have to really educate ourselves in a way about who we are, what our real identity is.”Deepak Chopra
20 Crucial Life-Changing Identity Quotes
Here are some of the identity quotes that can inspire you to make important changes in your life. Perhaps returning to your true self if you had turned away from the you that you should be.
41. “If you’re always under the pressure of real identity, I think that is somewhat of a burden.” – Mark Zuckerberg
42. “Having an identity is one thing. Being born into an identity is quite a different matter.” – Henry Rollins
43. “All women, and men of color – we were owned like tables and chairs. We spent a hundred years getting a legal identity as human beings. That’s a big thing.” – Gloria Steinem
44. “I don’t know how tall I am or how much I weigh. Because I don’t want anybody to know my identity. I’m like a superhero. Call me Basketball Man.” – LeBron James
45. “When your identity is found in Christ, your identity never changes. You are always a child of God.” –Tim Tebow
46. “Every man must define his identity against his mother. If he does not, he just falls back into her and is swallowed up.” – Camille Paglia
47.“There is no gate, no lock, no bolt that you can set upon the freedom of my mind.”- Virginia Woolf
48. “Before I can live with other folks, I’ve got to live with myself. The one thing that doesn’t abide by majority rule is a person’s conscience.” -Harper Lee
49. “Know, first, who you are, and then adorn yourself accordingly.”- Epictetus
50. “We are addicted to our egotism, our likes and dislikes, and prejudices, and depend upon them for our own sense of identity.”Karen Armstrong
51. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”- George Bernard Shaw
52. “I think it’s the most wonderful thing in the world to have an identity, something the audience can remember you for.” – Norm Crosby
53. “Never mind searching for who you are. Search for the person you aspire to be.”- Robert Brault
54. “I came to believe that my true identity goes beyond the outer roles I play. It transcends the ego. I came to understand that there is an authentic ‘I’ within – an ‘I Am,’ or divine spark within the soul.” – Sue Monk Kidd
55. “Everyone smiles with that invisible gun to their head.” –Chuck Palahniuk
56. “I found Rome a city of bricks and left it a city of marble.” – Augustus
57. “The vocal style I haven’t tried to copy from anyone. It just developed until it became the girlish whine it is today.” – Robert Plant
58. “Education must provide the opportunities for self-fulfillment; it can at best provide a rich and challenging environment for the individual to explore, in his own way.” – Noam Chomsky
59. “The ultimate mystery is one’s own self.” – Sammy Davis, Jr.
60. “It is only through hard work and awareness that we can truly own our identity.” –Neri Oxman
A Final Word on Identity Quotes:
Concluding the article, we can say that it is our identity makes us who we are. That’s why it is more than important to preserve our true identity and explore our uniqueness. For this purpose, we have gathered some of the best Inspiring identity quotes to give us motivation and power to achieve our goals.
These inspiring identity quotes give us the idea that no matter how much society forces us, we have our own uniqueness and identity and there is still light at the end of the tunnel. So, don’t lose hope and keep on working hard.