There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Are you feeling down because the world feels harsh and isolating?
You might feel like even your closest friends can’t understand or relate to what you’re going through. If that’s the case, let these “no friends” quotes be a source of comfort and inspiration.
Discover some amazing words of wisdom in this collection, which will not only provide valuable insight into dealing with loneliness, but also help remind you that there is still hope and strength to be found out there- no matter who has your back!
No Friends Quotes from Stars
It’s easy to be fooled into thinking that our TV, movie and sports stars have no problems – after all, they are surrounded by hundreds of fans clamoring for attention and no shortage of “friends.”
But the reality is that no matter how much admiration they get from the public, stars often find themselves lacking in genuine friendship – which is why no friends quotes from celebs often provide a unique insight into their emotions.
Whether it’s something witty, sad, or even uplifting, these no-friends quotes from famous stars may make you think twice about the idea of stardom, and hopefully give you some inspiration if you are feeling friendless.
- “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “I don’t have friends, I have thousands of acquaintances. No friends. I figured I had a wife and children.” ― Charles Bronson
- “I have no friends and I never leave my house.” ― Megan Fox
- “I tried college for three months but I was desperately unhappy. I just wanted to perform. I was getting straight As but I had no friends and cried every day.” ― Keira Knightley
- “I’m used on every level. I have no friends. I have no resting place. I never sleep. I can never close my eyes. It’s horrible.” ― Tupac Shakur
- “When you hit the big time, big money, big egos, people don’t talk. You have no friends.” ― Willard Scott
- “I have no friends. I want no friends. That’s how I feel.” ― Terrell Owens
- “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” — Walter Winchell
- “I didn’t have no friends or anything; I was a nerdy kid.” ― Post-Malone
I Have No Friends Quotes
Trying to make friends can feel daunting, but no one should be alone if they don’t want to be. If you need a little bit of motivation, no friends quotes could be just the ticket.
We all need someone to confide in from time-to-time, no one likes feeling isolated in life. There’s no such thing as too many friends, so take solace in no friends quotes and use it as fuel for your search for friendship!
- “If you’re thinking ‘I have no friends,’ it’s because whatever friendships you’ve had/have lack meaning, connection, and value.” —Natasha Adamo
- “Your worth isn’t solely determined by your number of friends.” – Chris Macleod
- “My dad was the only son from his entire family to come to America, and I was his only son. We had come to the States to achieve security and success for our family. Rules were simple: No fun, no friends, no girls. Go to school, come home, and study.” ― Hasan Minhaj
- “In politics, there are no friends.” ― Marian Wright Edelman
- “I’m not nostalgic for my glory days in college. It was lame for me. Probably because I had no friends.” ― Alex Honnold
- “I have no close friends, that is, no friends.” ― Iris Murdoch
- “His parents never go out or entertain; they have no dinner parties, no bridge-group, no hunting buddies, or luncheon pals. Like Lydia, no real friends.”― Celeste Ng
- “I had no friends. I worried a lot.” ― Lena Dunham
- “If you don’t have your friends and your family, what do you really have? You can have all the money in the world, but with no friends and no family, it’s no good.” ― Meek Mill
- “It’s about enjoying your day. If you have no family, no friends to enjoy it with, it doesn’t matter how much you have, how much success you have, how much fame you have, how much money you have, it doesn’t matter.” ― Vanilla Ice
- “This world is not my home, I’m just passing through.” ― Albert E. Brumley
- “Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art… It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival.” ― C. S. Lewis
- “People who live in society have learned how to see themselves, in mirrors, as they appear to their friends. I have no friends: is that why my flesh is so naked?” ― Jean-Paul Sartre
- “Do they choose to be so dense? Were they born that way? I have no friends. I have nothing. I say nothing. I am nothing.” ― Laurie Halse Anderson
- “There is no man so friendless but that he can find a friend sincere enough to tell him disagreeable truths.” ― Edward Bulwer-Lytton
- “Without friends no one would choose to live, though he had all other goods.” ― Aristotle
- “At school I had only admirers; I had no friends.” ― V. S. Naipaul
- “I have no friends, I only have accomplices now. On the other hand, my accomplices are more numerous than my friends: they are the human race.” ―Albert Camus
- “There can be no Friendship where there is no Freedom.” ― William Penn
- “I am my own best friend, first and foremost.” —Natasha Adamo
Fake Friends Quotes
A fake friend is someone you think is your buddy but they only stick around to take advantage of you. Unfortunately, many people learn this lesson the hard way after being taken advantage of by so-called “friends”.
Why settle for superficial loyalty when you could have a true connection with someone? Having a friend can be great, but having no friends is better than having fake ones.
In fact, even enemies are better than fake friends; because they are at least honest, even if it doesn’t feel particularly good!
So in this section, we share some fake friends quotes to show the universal loathing for fake friends who will only be there when times are good.
- “Someone who smiles too much with you can sometimes frown too much with you at your back.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
- “No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.” ― Alice Walker
- “An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.” ― The Buddha
- “Let there be no purpose in friendship save the deepening of the spirit.” ―Khalil Gibran
- “There’s no point in having a ton of friends who won’t be there when you’re down.” —Unknown
- “We fear our enemy but the bigger and real fear is that of a fake friend who is sweetest to your face and most vile behind your back.” ― Mufti Ismail Menk
- “People think being alone makes you lonely, but I don’t think that’s true. Being surrounded by the wrong people is the loneliest thing in the world.” —Kim Culbertson
- “Someone who smiles too much with you can sometimes frown too much with you at your back.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
- “You are not a ‘bad’ person for having boundaries with fake friends” —Natasha Adamo
- “The greatest distance between two people is a fake smile.” ― Suzy Kassem
- “If it comes, let it come. If it stays, let it stay. Let things come and go. Don’t bond yourself to anyone or anything too much because even your shadow leaves you when you are in darkness.”― Unknown
- “Friends should be like books, few, but hand-selected.” ― C.J. Langenhoven
- “Real friends don’t get offended when you insult them. They smile and call you something even more offensive.” — Unknown
- “You don’t lose friends because real friends can never be lost. You lose people masquerading as friends and you’re better for it.” – Mandy Hale
Loneliness – No Friends Quotes
It has been said that no one is truly alone in this world – everyone has at least one friend. While no friend’s quotes may seem to convey a certain amount of loneliness, it’s also important to remember how resilient humans are.
We can often find solace in our own company and no matter how bad things seem, we will always have our inner strength to rely on.
Instead of bemoaning the lack of friends, no friends quotes serve as a reminder that no matter what life throws our way, it is possible to embrace solitude while still maintaining an optimistic outlook.
- “Friendship needs no words – it is solitude delivered from the anguish of loneliness.” ― Dag Hammarskjold
- “When someone doesn’t have friends, it’s almost never because their core personality is unlikable.” —Chris Macleod
- “Nobody enjoys the company of others as intensely as someone who usually avoids the company of others.” -Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “Even among familiar faces, people often feel invisible and desolate, like an island in cold waters or a shadow apart from the crowd. Be the reason another never feels alone.”–Richelle
- “Loneliness wasn’t just a state of mind, was it? It was tactile. She could feel it. It was the sixth sense, not in some fanciful play of words, but physically. It hurt… it hurt like phagocytes devouring the white matter of her brain. It was merely that she had no friends. She didn’t even have a sanctuary in which she could simply be alone.” ― Tom Wolfe
- “The greatest disease in the West today is not TB or leprosy; it is being unwanted, unloved, and uncared for. We can cure physical diseases with medicine, but the only cure for loneliness, despair, and hopelessness is love…” —Mother Teresa
- “Death takes in many people, but still lives alone.” ― Anthony Liccione
- “Be very careful of who you share your problem with, remember that not every friend that smiles at you is your best friend.” ― Kemmy Nola
- “It is hard to deal with someone who smiles and pretends to like you to your face and sticks that eight-inch blade in your back when you turn around.” ― Nishan Panwar
- “A false friend and a shadow attend only while the sun shines.” ― Benjamin Franklin
- “Time alone can prove the worth of friendship. As time goes by we lose the false ones and keep the best. True friends stay when all the rest are gone.” ― Ritu Ghatourey
- “Loneliness doesn’t come from not having people around, loneliness comes when the people around you don’t understand who you are at a very deep level.” – Unknown
- “Having a wide circle of friends isn’t necessary as long as you feel like you have the support that you need.” —Kendra Cherry
- “No family. No friends. No colleagues. No lovers. Sometimes, not even God is with you. It is just you, all by yourself.” —Bhairavi Sharma
Quotes About Not Needing Friends
There’s no doubt that having no friends can be lonely, and while no one should stay in a place of loneliness forever, no one should ever feel the need to acquiesce to social norms and fake relationships.
Quotes about not needing friends are empowering reminders for us all that it’s okay to go solo sometimes.
Whether you’re on an adventure of self-discovery or taking some time for yourself to collect your thoughts – no friends quotes provide encouragement that sometimes the best company we can keep is ourselves.
- “Whether your lack of friends is detrimental to your well-being really depends on your perspective and how you feel about it.” —Kendra Cherry
- “Your worth isn’t solely determined by your number of friends.” – Chris Macleod
- “We become strong, I feel, when we have no friends upon whom to lean or to look to for moral guidance.” ― Benito Mussolini
- “Everywhere is nowhere. When a person spends all his time on foreign travel, he ends up having many acquaintances, but no friends.” ― Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- “God is not so wary as we, else He would give us no friends, lest we forget Him! The charms of the heaven in the bush are superseded, I fear, by the heaven in the hand, occasionally.” ― Emily Dickinson
- “I have no friends and no enemies – only competitors.” ―Aristotle Onassis
- “No friends, no best friends. Just memories from strangers.” – Pranav Mulay
- “Just like true love, finding true friendship is RARE.” —Natasha Adamo
- “There’s a big difference between thinking ‘I don’t need friends’ and ‘I don’t have friends.’” —Kendra Cherry
- “It makes no sense to try to extend a friendship that was only meant to be a season into a lifetime.” – Mandy Hale
Popular Posts on TLV:
- Signs Of Stupidity: 13 Warnings You Are Missing
- 47 Ridiculously Funny Ways to Answer the Phone
- Funny Things to Say to a Narcissist- To Break the Tension
- 3 Types of Community + 14 Organizational Styles of Community
Funny No Friends Quotes
Sometimes no friends are better than fake friends, no matter what funny no friends quotes say. If you don’t have any real pals to share your jokes with, no worries – after all, laughter is the best medicine!
And when someone disappoints your expectations, recite a no friends quote and remember that you’re better off without them.
So grab your popcorn and laughter-inducing no friends quotes – it’s time to take a humorous look at life’s lonely moments!
- “I have no friends. The more I learn about the dignity of the gorilla, the more I want to avoid people.” –Diane Fossey
- “I don’t have any friends, but I’m not lonely because I have books!” – Unknown
- “There are no friends at cards or politics.” – Finley Peter Dunne
- “Real friends are always going to be there by your side, even at times when you tell them to leave.”― Unknown
- “I never say the things I really want to. If I did, I’d have no friends.” – Chelsea Handler
- “Being popular on social media is like sitting at the cool table at the cafeteria of a mental hospital.” -Unknown
- “An honest enemy is better than a false friend.” – German Proverb
- “The only way to have real friends is to be one yourself!” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
A Final Word on Quotes About Having No Friends (or Only Fake Friends)
All in all, it’s important to remember that having no friends is perfectly okay in life. You don’t need friends or other people to be happy and successful.
Not needing friends quotes can provide the push we need to reaffirm that these notions are true. They can make us realize the beauty of loneliness and give us the strength and courage to stand against society’s expectations.
Our self-worth should never be derived from how many friends we have, nor does it mean we must focus our energies on only experiences that involve socialization with others.
It may seem at times that no one else has gone through something like this before – but you’d be surprised just how common a sentiment it is.
If you are worried because you are currently friendless, remember: no matter how lonely you may feel right now, you’re not alone! Millions of other people often feel friendless and lonely.
We hope you liked our “no friend quotes” collection. Tell us which one you like the most in the comments.
See Related Quote Posts:
- 100+ Companionship Quotes
- “Me Time” Quotes – To Inspire Your Alone Time
- “Fuck You” Quotes – For When You Really Need to Tell Someone Off
- 71+ One-Sided Love Quotes with Heart-Touching Love Images